My New Puppy!! Help With Naming?

Which Name Do You Like Best For My Puppy?

• Kyah

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Kyrah

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Nova

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Echo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Velvet

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Driven

I finally got a mini dachshund puppy! She is a black dapple piebald with no tan points! She is 10 and a half weeks old now. I need to find the perfect name. I created a poll for you to vote for your favorite. Thank you for your help! Here are the meanings of the names and why I like each one and why I am not sure about it. If you really dislike all of these names you can choose "other" in the poll options.

Kyah (pronounced ky-uh) - beautiful, greatly loved. (I know this has an awesome meaning, but putting the meaning aside, does she look like a Kyah?)

Kyrah (pronounced ky-ruh) - has a lot of different meanings: light, sun, Lord, of the Lord, little dark one, dark haired one. (Does this sound too much like a person name and too weird as a dog name?)

Nova - a star that releases a tremendous burst of energy, also means "chases butterfly" in Native American (great name!, but am worried that she could get confused because of the "no" in nova and with trying to correct her by saying "no" that might not be good? By the way, I do want to mention that she does get sudden bursts of energy which works with the name Nova.

Echo - I think this is a cool name, but I don't know how I really feel about it. I just wanted to put this on the list to see what you all think because it is a pretty name and unique, but does it fit as a dog name or does it make you think too much of the old video game dolphin named Echo? lol

Velvet - I just think this is a very pretty name, plus her ears are so incredibly soft. I don't know if dachshund ears get a lot less soft as adults? I am curious to know the answer to this. But it is still a beautiful name anyways.

image.jpg

CaseyKC

I agree with you that Nova might be confusing to her because it starts with the "no" word. Otherwise, I think all the names you are considering are very nice and interesting. I don't know how long she has been living with you, but once you really know her and her personality, you will know which name fits her best. She has very unusual markings, and is such a cute baby. Congratulations on your new family member.

Penny

What a little cutie pie! She looks like she could get into a lot of mischief.
Don't you just love having white nails?
I think you'll figure out the right name when you have her a little longer.
I sure hope you post more pics and tell us what she's been up to.