Microchips - cancer risk?

BelowHylan

OK, so this is not only a doxie topic.... I hope I placed it into the right section here.

I came across this site:
chipmenot-scientific-evidence
Of course anyone can say anything on the internet, but I am curios, what is everyone's opinion on this?

My Zoya is microchiped.... ZeKat is not, although I have been thinking about it as every once in a while he manages to open the balcony door and go out.. Only gets as far as the driveway, lol.

Nutty Buddy

Before getting buddy microchipped I did some research but I didn’t see anything regarding cancer so it was interesting to see that research was even being done. I like that they at least took it serious enough to acknowledge that the cancer could have been caused by a factor other than the chip like the fact that anything implanted in the body is a potential cancer risk. Unlike some research that would have just lumped everything together and said “see? Chips are all evil”

As with anything there is always risk vs reward. The risk of cancer is very low. Honestly, had I read this article beforehand it wouldn’t had changed my mind. I will however, take time to do routine checks. It only takes a second to run a hand across a dogs back and down their legs to check for lumps and bumps

BelowHylan

Yes, completely agree that this is likely not the chip but any foreign thing. And yes, I would also do it but I now have a habit of checking the spot.... Speaking of which, I don't even feel the chip there... it is too small..