Is this puppy double dappled? does he look healthy?

jo_grod

Hi so Ive just learnt about double dachshunds and was concerned with the underlying health issues that may come with it. Me and my partner were going to see this gorgeous puppy, he's dappled, has a white chest, one eye is blue and the other is brown. He'd be considered double dappled right? his eyes look big but everything else leads me to believe he DD. Ive heard DD can still live healthy lives but I'm just not sure I want to risk it. Please let me know your opinions

Attachments

elam.jl

What would make you think he was double dapple? He looks normal to me. Infact I have a dapple that looks just like him and he’s not a double dapple. In my unprofessional opinion :D, all the double dapples I’ve seen have a lot of white on them, especially on the face, and it covers the points on their face. Also their eyes can be smaller. I attached a couple pics of mine. He does have white on his chest but it’s likely a mismark or possibly piebald.

Attachments

Cashs Mom

He looks like a single dapple to me. The double dapples I've seen are usually mostly white. That being said, he could be a single dapple but out of double dapple breeding. I had a dapple who's brother was a double dapple. I agree with elam. They often have small eyes and can be blind or partially blind. Deafness is another trait of double dapples. Not always but it's pretty common.