I am a nervous wreck today.

GJBain

My girl Brandy is going in this morning to get spayed. I hope it all goes well. I just hate doing this!

CaseyKC

I know it is nerve wracking when the precious little souls that are in our care are put under with anesthesia, but spaying is really a very common procedure. You must have already checked out your veterinarian's credentials and feel comfortable with his/her practice, so all you have to do is make sure that Brandy's incision area stays nice and clean until it heals. It is nice to have a hot water bottle on hand and some warm blankets to make her more comfortable if the anesthesia is not totally out of her system when she is discharged. You are really doing a very kind thing for your little girl.

GJBain

Just got the call. She is awake and can be picked up later today. I feel a little better. Will feel a lot better when I have her home.

GJBain

I know it is nerve wracking when the precious little souls that are in our care are put under with anesthesia, but spaying is really a very common procedure. You must have already checked out your veterinarian's credentials and feel comfortable with his/her practice, so all you have to do is make sure that Brandy's incision area stays nice and clean until it heals. It is nice to have a hot water bottle on hand and some warm blankets to make her more comfortable if the anesthesia is not totally out of her system when she is discharged. You are really doing a very kind thing for your little girl.
Yes our vet is very good. It is just that I hate leaving my dogs in someone elses hands. She is so innocent.

Last edited:

babysis

It's done and over with! You can relax now! I was the same way with Baby. But my lab I used to have, I couldn't get the courage to have him fixed! LOL

Our vet lets us stay while we are having one spayed.i love that.after the surgery, they bring them wrapped in their baby blanket, and lay them in our arrms so when they wake up , they will be in our arms.we also do this with any procedure.it helps.
sheila

GJBain

Brandy came home that afternoon. It has been 4 days now and all is good. She is still wearing the collar so she can not bother the wound.

Penny

Glad to see the good report!
Thank you for taking care of that for her.
Any photos with the collar?

CaseyKC

That collar is great! I'll bet she tolerates it a lot better than the
Elizabethan style collars. At least she can see without turning her whole body around, and can most likely get under chairs and other places she wouldn't be able to with the Elizabethan collar. If Libby ever needs one, and I have my fingers crossed she never will, I would go straight to Petsmart and get one for her.

GJBain

That collar is great! I'll bet she tolerates it a lot better than the
Elizabethan style collars. At least she can see without turning her whole body around, and can most likely get under chairs and other places she wouldn't be able to with the Elizabethan collar. If Libby ever needs one, and I have my fingers crossed she never will, I would go straight to Petsmart and get one for her.
That is exactly right. She has it on and it does not even phase her. She acts no different with it on then she did without it. Last night we took it off when she slept with us and it was no problem. Only a few more days to go for her with it on.

lucerogina

Wow! What a neat collar!! Happy it is helping her be more comfortable then the cone of shame.

Loving my Elliott,
Gina