Hello again!

JPsMOM

Long time, no...um...see :)

Figured an update was in order on my Jasper. He is now almost 9 months old! His long hair is starting to fill out beautifully, his flag is fanning out...its exciting!
He still hasn't learned what (or who) does and doesn't need barked at. Not much to be done there I believe. He is just vocal, period, and his bark is a bit..off? From the very beginning it has come out as more of a shriek. When he gets worked up (even in a happy way) he sounds viscous! It's hard to convince people the sound he is making means "hey there, pet me please". That coupled with his newfound caution at people, I stopped being able to take him with me to many public places because he goes nuts about anyone he sees, sounds like he wants to tear someone apart. I am at a loss with how to acclimate him to people because he is so reactive. He will settle down awhile after guests come over, usually, but the intensity of his fits scare people and make simple conversation difficult :( I wonder if I am seeing some ill effects from poor breeding practices at the mill he was rescued from.

He is still a lovely baby though with my extended family we visit and here at home. He has officially found his place with the kids and doesn't bully my son anymore (and my son has learned to respect his boundaries). His favorite morning routine is getting sat up on the kids bed one by one to wake them with good morning kisses. He gets super excited when I say "let's go get the kids!"
Started him on raw within the past week, which he adores. I was going to ease him in, but after the first piece of raw chicken, he turned his nose up at all his favorite regular foods. There goes that.
He no longer bothers with ringing his bell to go out, just scratches at the door. Unless it's raining of course lol.

Overall I think he is doing fairly well.
Thanks for reading!

Last edited: