English cream skin color?

HilyBee

I have an English Cream mini who is only 4 months old. I'm curious, for all those cream owners out there... what color is their skin? Yosuke's skin looks dark on his belly/chest and more of a dark tan all over his body but he is very light colored. Is that normal? We just gave him a bath yesterday and regularly bathe him every two weeks. We had a shaded red who was very sick and had internal bleeding. His bleeding showed up on his belly so we are just overly scared. Is it normal for the creams to have darker skin?

vizzla

Do you have a pic? English cream is not a color in sweden, we only have black/tan, red or merle. No other are allowed. Love to see some pics of doxis in different colors!

HilyBee

Here is a picture of him from today. :) He was a little sleepy when I took it. He is considered an English Cream brindle (light creamy yellow with dark brown/black stripes on his back, ears and tail).

HilyBee

So according to our vet... Yosuke is an English Cream Brindle!!! Which he suspected all along, but it is not confirmed. He has some stripes on his back, ears and tail that have begun to darken. Apparently since he has some shading he will have darker colored skin as well. So happy he's healthy. :) He's gorgeous and the pictures don't ever really show off his coat very well. He fades from a black strip on his back to creamy yellow to a very light cream on his belly. Think light golden retriever with racing strips. lol!