Does this qualify as a cluster seizure?

Gen

My girl, Dizzy, is a mix tho her dad was a pure breed. She will be 3 in January and as of yesterday at around noon she suddenly had a seizure. To my knowledge this was the first one she's had tho I do recall months ago she had an odd, spontaneous urination while sleeping which seemed to even startle her. There were no other symptoms at the time so I had chalked it up to an accident.

Yesterday tho she went into a fit. It was a standard dox seizure, she paddled and urinated tho she seemed entirely aware of me being there and kept looking over at me as she shook. It lasted for what felt like forever but was probably only about a minute maybe. She recovered instantly and was wagging and playing with the cats like it never happened.

Having anxiety issues myself I was watching her like a hawk just to be safe. She was fine but then today I left the room to make some coffee and heard her pawing at the baby gate we have set up. I went and checked on her and while she was standing and responsive she was also just the slightest bit odd. I stepped away to finish what I was doing and suddenly had this awful feeling. I went back to her and she was slumped over, salivating heavily and shaking.

She had defecated and urinated in the spot she was standing in before and had since moved across the room. I sat beside her and kept her steady and comfortable, talking softly to her to try and help. She was looking over at me throughout the fit. She stayed this way for about another minute before slipping right back into her usual self.

She seemed much more concerned with why I was upset than what had just happened and crawled into my lap, wagging her tail. Since then she's again been perfectly fine.

I have a vet appointment scheduled for Friday to get blood work and such done but I've been looking up information just to prepare myself a little. One thing that has me a little confused is whether or not this would already count as a 'cluster seizure'. I'm sure the question seems silly but I'm extremely concerned just because it's happened twice in the last two days almost exactly 24 hours apart.

I would appreciate if someone could clarify for me. If these aren't clusters then I feel that she can wait till Friday but if they are I would like to know so I can take immediate action.

GJBain

My girl, Dizzy, is a mix tho her dad was a pure breed. She will be 3 in January and as of yesterday at around noon she suddenly had a seizure. To my knowledge this was the first one she's had tho I do recall months ago she had an odd, spontaneous urination while sleeping which seemed to even startle her. There were no other symptoms at the time so I had chalked it up to an accident.

Yesterday tho she went into a fit. It was a standard dox seizure, she paddled and urinated tho she seemed entirely aware of me being there and kept looking over at me as she shook. It lasted for what felt like forever but was probably only about a minute maybe. She recovered instantly and was wagging and playing with the cats like it never happened.

Having anxiety issues myself I was watching her like a hawk just to be safe. She was fine but then today I left the room to make some coffee and heard her pawing at the baby gate we have set up. I went and checked on her and while she was standing and responsive she was also just the slightest bit odd. I stepped away to finish what I was doing and suddenly had this awful feeling. I went back to her and she was slumped over, salivating heavily and shaking.

She had defecated and urinated in the spot she was standing in before and had since moved across the room. I sat beside her and kept her steady and comfortable, talking softly to her to try and help. She was looking over at me throughout the fit. She stayed this way for about another minute before slipping right back into her usual self.

She seemed much more concerned with why I was upset than what had just happened and crawled into my lap, wagging her tail. Since then she's again been perfectly fine.

I have a vet appointment scheduled for Friday to get blood work and such done but I've been looking up information just to prepare myself a little. One thing that has me a little confused is whether or not this would already count as a 'cluster seizure'. I'm sure the question seems silly but I'm extremely concerned just because it's happened twice in the last two days almost exactly 24 hours apart.

I would appreciate if someone could clarify for me. If these aren't clusters then I feel that she can wait till Friday but if they are I would like to know so I can take immediate action.
I can't answer your question about if they are "cluster seizures" or not but my last Dachshund, Samantha, had seizures starting at 3 years old. We immediately put her on phenobarbital at a dose for her weight of 12 pounds. She lived to be 17 years and 3 weeks old and rarely had more seizures while on the medication. Some say phenobarbital makes them tired and changes their personality. Not the case with Samantha. She was the same girl she was before going on the medication. One of the best dogs if not the best dog I have ever had. I miss her a lot.