Dachshund foraging+eating it!

Joanna

My smooth black&tan is 9 months old, happy as larry, fed superbly, adored, lots of love and attention - but he forages in the garden and eats just about everything. Anyone else's dax do this? Just trying to find out if its 'normal' and can stop worrying!

tommiller

My smooth black&tan is 9 months old, happy as larry, fed superbly, adored, lots of love and attention - but he forages in the garden and eats just about everything. Anyone else's dax do this? Just trying to find out if its 'normal' and can stop worrying!
My dog use to do this, few weeks before I had done pest control from pest control folsom in garden to eradicate garden pest. As my dog use to eat everything, he eat some pesticides which was sprayed during pest control. After eating he fall sick for 10 days and I was very worried for him. So now I use to take care, that he avoids eating nonsense.

cadmayyn

my dog goes into the garden and eats anything, grass, bark, weeds. i tok it out at 2am last night and he was bullying the slugs. had to stop him incase he tried to eat them. lemme know if u have any methods other than chasing them and taking it from their mouths.

JPsMOM

Sometimes I wonder why I feed mine lol. He is a forager as well. I have to keep an eye on him because he loves plants, sticks, and bugs.