Changing dog food

jax's_mommy

Switching Jax's dog food (finally lol)
I am debating between totw and blue buffalo.

Blue buffalo is just a little bit more expensive than totw at the store I found it at here.
From what I've read on another forum, both are good. But is one better than the other? Or has anyone used them for their doxie? And if so, which flavor did your doxie prefer? Jax isnt to picky but is pretty darn picky with dog food -_-

Ill be getting it next week when I get paid. Just looking for some advice before hand :)

jake1133

We are using Chicken and Brown Rice Blue Buffalo. Our doxie loves it. We had another Blue Buffalo flavor, can't remember what is was right now, but she didn't like it as much as the chicken.

She is teething right now and prefers the Toy Breed size kibble over the Small Dog size kibble.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
I would not feed either, personally. Blue Buffalo is untrustworthy, and TOTW is made by Diamond, who had all those serious recalls a year and a half ago. But if you must feed one, I'd go with TOTW as it has less carbs and fillers than BB. Though both are better than alot of foods on the market.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Well, the only dry foods I'll feed are Champion (Orijen,Acana), Horizon (Pulsar, Legacy) Fromm, and First Mate. Canned I feed Go, First Mate, Nature's Variety Instinct and Fromm. Dehydrated/freeze dried I feed Orijen, DNA and The Honest Kitchen. I also feed raw.