Changing a puppies food and to what?????

Flowers

Hellooooo all, I am new to the forum and really excited to find a site dedicated to Dachshunds. I am the proud owner of an eight week old wire haired dachsie and love him to pieces he is adorable. I am worried about his food though. The breeder sent him home on Something called Royal Canin Junior puppy food, she put a few handfuls into a bag for me and I had to order a new bag the other day.
But when I looked at the ingredients I was dismayed to see that it is padded out with a lot of rubbish ingredients and fillers. I want to switch him on to a different diet but here's the thing, I am not sure what to try. I am looking at either Orijen or Acana and I wondered if anyone else has their Dachsies/pups on either of these foods and what the consensus and thoughts are.
I also am not sure if it is too early to switch diets and if I can do it now and how I should make the switch. So I would really appreciate any advice that you can offer.
Thank you so much.

GJBain

Hellooooo all, I am new to the forum and really excited to find a site dedicated to Dachshunds. I am the proud owner of an eight week old wire haired dachsie and love him to pieces he is adorable. I am worried about his food though. The breeder sent him home on Something called Royal Canin Junior puppy food, she put a few handfuls into a bag for me and I had to order a new bag the other day.
But when I looked at the ingredients I was dismayed to see that it is padded out with a lot of rubbish ingredients and fillers. I want to switch him on to a different diet but here's the thing, I am not sure what to try. I am looking at either Orijen or Acana and I wondered if anyone else has their Dachsies/pups on either of these foods and what the consensus and thoughts are.
I also am not sure if it is too early to switch diets and if I can do it now and how I should make the switch. So I would really appreciate any advice that you can offer.
Thank you so much.
Ours came to us eating the same food, Royal Canin. We gradually switched her to Blue Buffalo but it gave her diarreha so then we went and gradually switched to Taste of the Wild. What ever you decide switch him off of it gradually.

Georgiapeach

I notice you're from the UK. Do you have Farmina (Italian) available to you there? It's just been introduced to the USA not too long ago, and it's getting great reviews for both the low grain and grain free varieties.

I'm currently feeding my foster doxie Wellness Complete Health Puppy, which he's doing well on. When I got him from the rescue, he was on a kibble with corn, wheat, and soy in it, which was making him itch.

Other good brands here are Acana, Fromm, and NOW. I'd either go grain free, or at least stay away from corn, wheat, and soy.