Cattle Food?

we went to see my son's property and his 3 beef cows last weekend.
PD took the opportunity to explore new things to eat, including cow pies and cattle feed.

I doubt the cow pies were harmful, but I'm wondering about the cattle feed. My son says the pellets are mostly alphalpha and molasses. He managed to down a whole one, which is maybe an inch in diameter, and 3 inches long.

The next day, he began complaining about his stomach, and vomiting. We thought his pancreatitis was acting up. The vet did blood work, and says, no, just an inflamed stomach.

No x-rays or sonagram, but an overnight stay with the vet and nothing to eat for 24 hours, followed by bland food and several meds, including an antibiotic.

He seems better, but still complains some in the evenings, after the antibiotic.

Anyone have any knowledge about the effects of cattle food on dogs? I'm left wondering if there is something else he ate (which is highly possible).

Not medicated.

Not sure if he is allergic to anything in it, but that is a possibility. He's been having allergic response to something the last couple of week.

Looking a cattle feed in general, it looks like they all have some variety of minerals and vitamins added to them. No hormones, though.