Carrier for Dachshund

Dexterowner

We have a wheeled pet carrier that we take with us on our walks so Pups has a place to relax on our walks. He is 15 years old and it has worked well and he came to accept it. We bought a small RV last year and got a pair of bicycles for exploring. I bought a second hand bike trailer for the dog. First time we used it he jumped out. I modified it to what I thought would be able to keep him in and he was very upset, jamming his head out and obviously very disturbed so we took him back. I am trying to come up with another option. First is a front mount carrier that we can put the pup in. My thought is that having the dog up closer to me will help with his anxiety. The other option is some kind of backpack that either my wife or I can carry him in when we are on our bikes.
Has anyone here had experience with this situation or can suggest a pack that would fit the pup.
Thanks

CaseyKC

When my son returned from military service in the middle east, we drove 600 miles to his base to greet him. His plane was delayed for three days and we wanted to explore the nearby city while waiting. We had our dachshund with us and the sidewalks were too hot for her feet, it was summer, and we couldn't leave her alone in the hotel. We went to a Walmart and purchased a sling for human babies to carry her while we explored for three days. Because I was concerned about her bending in the material, we went to Lowes, purchased a 1"by 4" board of an appropriate length. The nice man at Lowes cut the board to size and he even stapled a baby receiving blanket I had purchased in Walmart so her belly wouldn't get splinters from rubbing on the bare board. She was able to lie on her belly, on the covered board, so there was no strain on her back. We were able to see the sights in the city, and she was comfortable.

I would add, don't purchase anything where she will be sitting on her bottom because it will cause back strain.