Breeding out dillute gene

Hello, I have a blue and tan mini doxie. She is 1 year old. I plan on genetically testing her to see exactly what she carries for. But my question is IF her coat remains strong what colors could be safe to breed her with? She receives good dog food and coat supplements. I am trying to understand genetics and the dillute gene, can it be bred out with a dominant gene that will control the outcome of the puppies? If she is dd can a double dominant Male breed out the dillute ??? If so which colors, I have seen blue dapple and blue and cream. I love hazel to death and she has amazing qualities confirmation wise and personality wise. If her coat stays strong for another 2 yrs I might consider breeding her but not without lots of research and careful selective breeding matches. For now I'm just curious if this is possible and have ZERO plans to breed her shes only 1, and most minis shouldn't be bred until 2 so please leave respectful comments just want to learn!

Attachments

CaseyKC

I am not good at guessing colors from photos. I would suggest you join "Learning Dachshund Patterns, Colors, and Coats" on Facebook. They will want a photo taken in natural light. By all means have your girl DNA tested as dilutes often carry alopecia or develop it as they mature. I do know that you should NEVER breed a double dapple (DD) or a dapple to a dapple as horrible birth defects, blindness, or deafness can occur. I think the folks in the aforementioned Dachshund Facebook group will be able to give you some insight. Lots of knowledgeable folks there.

I am not good at guessing colors from photos. I would suggest you join "Learning Dachshund Patterns, Colors, and Coats" on Facebook. They will want a photo taken in natural light. By all means have your girl DNA tested as dilutes often carry alopecia or develop it as they mature. I do know that you should NEVER breed a double dapple (DD) or a dapple to a dapple as horrible birth defects, blindness, or deafness can occur. I think the folks in the aforementioned Dachshund Facebook group will be able to give you some insight. Lots of knowledgeable folks there.

Thank you so much for your response! I do know never to breed dapple to dapple and I would never breed dillute to dillute or carrier of dillute IF a huge if , I decided to breed my Hazel.

That's why I plan to put over a years worth of research into this.

I do plan of genetically testing her to see what exactly she carries for too. And to know her true color.

I'm wanting a breeder who breeds dilutes to share their experience and what colors they usually breed their own dillutes to.

I'm only in the research phase and won't proceed without it. But I love my girl so much and think if her coat stays as it is for a few more years and if I can breed out the dilute gene with careful selection of the Male due to his genetics I may press forward.