Anyone ever use "potty grass" or similar types of products?

vlmuke

I have two puppies and a month after we got them the wife filed for divorce so due to work the pups are left alone for 8-10 hours, I have tried litter pan and they play in it, pee pads they shred it, which is kinda what I figured what would happen as that's what they do, LOL so I was thinking of trying some sort of potty grass or similar product, anyone ever use them?? Good, bad is it a waste of money, I am trying to get them to potty there when I gone instead off all over the room.
Thanks

JPsMOM

First let me say I am sorry for the divorce. Drastic life changes are hard, especially the big D. As for the babies though, that's a really rough spot for them too. I can't really think of anything that would work well leaving them alone for so very long. And that IS a very long time for a puppy to be alone. Is there anyone you can get to come be with them for awhile, or maybe daycare, during the day? Dogs, and puppies especially get bored and lonely, and whatever is handy will be what they turn to for "entertainment " or to take out pent up energy. That also doesn't leave much room at all for training, which is what they will need in order to know where it is and isn't okay to potty. They won't instinctively know where to go just because it looks like grass.

Sent via tapatalk

Last edited:

vlmuke

Thanks, I appreciate it. it really bugs me about the whole situation I was totally blindsided by the divorce and her moving out, I actually figured why, but thats not important, I have an "appointment" for a local dog sitter to meet the pups and will come over for 30 minutes when I am gone and that will be next week and I work crazy hours so many times I am gone at 10 or 11 at night and return by morning so that's not too bad, but I am trying to find something for them to go to the bathroom on as not to go on the floor, when I am gone during the day, is really the big thing as the house is being sold and I will be moving to Indiana into an apartment and I also already have it set up there as well for someone to come over when I am gone. I was thinking since they think the pee pad and litter box are toys, its not like they have enough of them, LOL, I was just thinking the grass thing would be more chew resistant and less likely to be thought of as a toy.

Barron

I have two puppies and a month after we got them the wife filed for divorce so due to work the pups are left alone for 8-10 hours, I have tried litter pan and they play in it, pee pads they shred it, which is kinda what I figured what would happen as that's what they do, LOL so I was thinking of trying some sort of potty grass or similar product, anyone ever use them?? Good, bad is it a waste of money, I am trying to get them to potty there when I gone instead off all over the room.
Thanks
Wow, I am so sorry about your wife. I can sympathize, having gone though this myself. At first it is terrible, but I promise it gets less painful as time heals. We have had a terrible winter (as did you in Detroit and Indiana) and my dog would have disappeared into the snow!
I have a product called the Piddle Place for Barron. It if really fantastic. I work long hours, and when I come home I see he has used it, and the house has no odor. I only need to clean it once a week. It has a cover, so I just put the cover down, carry it to my toilet and open the valve. No mess, simple. I emailed the company, and they called be back with training instructions, and my dog was trained in less then a week. Here is their websitePiddle Place Indoor Dog Toilet - The Official Site The pad is to heavy for your dogs to chew or carry around. You may need to work with your puppies but I promise you will both be glad you did. Your dogs can still go outside when you get home after 10 hours, but this will save your floors when you are at work.
And a quick note, any women who leaves your just because you have two new puppies is not a soul-mate. She could have offered to work with your dogs and shared in the training and many years of love and affection. Her loss