Sensitive stomach

Winstonsworld

Hi,
My beautiful dachsy who is 7 months old seems to have a very sensitive stomach and I have been feeding him Scienceplan which is supposed to be a good food from what I knew. He was ok on it at first, but more recently gets the runs quite often. I have come across butternut box which is all natural cooked food made specially for your dog food with no fillers etc... Is that a better way to go? Anyone had similar problems? Also he seems to react to treats too. I have him gravy bones and then he immediately had a dodgy tummy. Thanks in advance for responses ...

CaseyKC

When my last little girl would break out in bumps, scratch and develop secondary yeast infections, we had to take her to two teaching universities. She lost a lot of fur on her legs, sides, and back, and most of the hair on her tail. After spending a small fortune on pills, injections, and treatments, an older veterinarian took me aside and suggested twice weekly baths in Head and Shoulders Plus shampoo, and to put her on a grain free diet. It worked. After awhile, the bumps cleared up, as well as the secondary yeast infections, and within six months he fur had grown back. I fed her Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream formula. All the special dog foods, high tech pills and treatments didn't work, but switching her to the grain free food and the Head and Shoulders Plus did the trick. Sometimes older vets know things from before the new stuff was invented. In my girl's case, I was lucky he was a visiting professor on the day we were there.

Winstonsworld

When my last little girl would break out in bumps, scratch and develop secondary yeast infections, we had to take her to two teaching universities. She lost a lot of fur on her legs, sides, and back, and most of the hair on her tail. After spending a small fortune on pills, injections, and treatments, an older veterinarian took me aside and suggested twice weekly baths in Head and Shoulders Plus shampoo, and to put her on a grain free diet. It worked. After awhile, the bumps cleared up, as well as the secondary yeast infections, and within six months he fur had grown back. I fed her Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream formula. All the special dog foods, high tech pills and treatments didn't work, but switching her to the grain free food and the Head and Shoulders Plus did the trick. Sometimes older vets know things from before the new stuff was invented. In my girl's case, I was lucky he was a visiting professor on the day we were there.
Hi Casey
Thanks so much. I am sure you are right actually as I have just in last few days been giving him Butternut Box food that is totally natural (it's a subscription company that send it frozen). It's amazing. His tummy is perfect after only a few days! I am so pleased. Thanks for your comment. Very reassuring.