I need ideas

Joanne

We rescued our doxie from a home when she was approx. 4 months old. she is about a year and a half now. The original owners would keep her and her sister in a box all day while at work and beat them when they went to the bathroom in the house. So they were never potty trained. They would get kicked across the room when they got in trouble. My Husband convinced them to give the puppies to us. My daughter adopted her sister. They spend their days together at my house.
It took a long time, but we potty trained them and they don't fear that we will hurt them.
The problem is that Dickens has bonded with me so much that she will cry and bark when ever I am not by her side. I could just be on the other side of her gate to my room. She likes my yarn too much, so I have to block her from it :) I don't know how to assure her that I will always be back and it is OK to be alone for a while.
She also barks at every little sound she hears. It makes me crazy. She will bring me her toy when she wants to play. If I don't play, she will pile all her toys on me till I give in and play. She looks so cute that can't help it :)
I really don't know what to do about these things. Can you pass along any ideas?
Thanks

karen steele

We rescued our doxie from a home when she was approx. 4 months old. she is about a year and a half now. The original owners would keep her and her sister in a box all day while at work and beat them when they went to the bathroom in the house. So they were never potty trained. They would get kicked across the room when they got in trouble. My Husband convinced them to give the puppies to us. My daughter adopted her sister. They spend their days together at my house.
It took a long time, but we potty trained them and they don't fear that we will hurt them.
The problem is that Dickens has bonded with me so much that she will cry and bark when ever I am not by her side. I could just be on the other side of her gate to my room. She likes my yarn too much, so I have to block her from it :) I don't know how to assure her that I will always be back and it is OK to be alone for a while.
She also barks at every little sound she hears. It makes me crazy. She will bring me her toy when she wants to play. If I don't play, she will pile all her toys on me till I give in and play. She looks so cute that can't help it :)
I really don't know what to do about these things. Can you pass along any ideas?
Thanks
Hi there sounds just like our little lolly she threats when she not with me or hubby she not fussy she now 6 months we gradually started a few weeks ago purposely leaving her alone for 15 mins a day have gradually built it up to an hour yes she cries and barks for a few minutes but a neighbour said she settles down in minutes now belive me they are quick learners and its the know just how to plays us to get away with things be strong dont give int her all the time set boundreys and you will have a much nicer secure little puppy ....
says me i give in all the time

Joanne

Hi there sounds just like our little lolly she threats when she not with me or hubby she not fussy she now 6 months we gradually started a few weeks ago purposely leaving her alone for 15 mins a day have gradually built it up to an hour yes she cries and barks for a few minutes but a neighbour said she settles down in minutes now belive me they are quick learners and its the know just how to plays us to get away with things be strong dont give int her all the time set boundreys and you will have a much nicer secure little puppy ....
says me i give in all the time
Thank you
I do leave her to go to the store. I've been told she barks off and on the whole time. she even does it when she can see me in the yard!