Update on Piper

lisaboo

She is got her first shots yesterday at 7 weeks old. And she will be home with us on the 25th we are so excited that the time is finally coming up. We can't wait to have her in our home.

When do we get her second set of shots? This is our first puppy and are not sure how shots series work for dogs.

Penny

When you pick up your gorgeous baby, I think you should be bringing her to the vet very soon, and do a wellness check. The vet can look over what she's had and give you an idea what you need to do.

I can't wait for you!!! She is a darling.

lisaboo

We already know the shots she got and they will have paperwork with proof of the shots we have to turn the rabies one into our county. We just need to know when she is due for another set. I believe it is 3 months right?

sherlock

I believe it's every 5 weeks, but I may be wrong.

We actually got the puppy 5-way shot at Tractor Supply (and most feed stores carry them as well) and did them ourselves (well I think we did one, and then a breeder friend helped us with the other because Watson was bigger and would squirm a lot.) It's not too bad, and it saves the vet bill. But I realize this isn't for everyone, of course.