Um...

JPsMOM

So, my ten week old neutered little man started humping a stuffed dog last night... And then got ahold of my hand this morning... What's up with that?? Isnt he too young, and he is fixed!

Sent via tapatalk

CaseyKC

Very common in many and maybe all breeds of dogs. My Libby did it as a pup and I asked the vet about it. He felt that this behavior with a stuffed animal was Libby attempting to be dominant. I buy the stuffed animals with embroidered eyes, (not the plastic inset eyes) at Kohl's Department Stores. They are in the front of the store, cost $5.00 and in our area, the proceeds go to a children's hospital. They are quite well made. Also the material and stuffing are human baby quality. Libby is 13 lbs and 8 yo, some of the toys are the same size she is. She has several favorites that she drags to her little cup bed and first exhibits a few seconds of the behavior you mentioned, then she shakes the toy as hard as she can and finally settles down in her bed and sucks on the toy. Over time, the saliva in her mouth creates weak fibers and I just sew up the holes with dental floss. A firm "no" and ignore the behavior you are concerned about should cut down on the length and frequency. Substitute a stuffed animal in a private place like your pup's bed, so you don't have this happen when company visits.

JPsMOM

Whew! OK thank you. I did put the dog he took a liking to in his space with him last night but it's a huge one and it has plastic eyes which I didn't think about so maybe I can get him a pal he can fit in his bed with him. I will check out Kohls. He did kind of almost nurse on it and fall asleep for a bit so maybe it would be good for him. Thanks again!

Sent via tapatalk