Tutorial on how to upload pictures

Gies

Follow this link to my tutorial on how to upload pictures on this forum. Download the pdf and follow step 1 to 4 and your pictures should show up like this.
Just experiment and let me know if you have any questions or run into problems, good luck and have fun.

Mokka in 2013. :D:D

CaseyKC

Hi Gies,

What you don't know about me is that I am a computer dummy. Almost anything of a technological nature is very difficult for me to do. I will study your instructions from the tutorial, but I think I will have to wait for my son or DIL to visit to explain and show me what to do. I thank you so much for your efforts to give me a tutorial, and will try to learn how to do it when son and DIL come to visit.

Tikki

upload_2016-8-29_15-48-12.jpeg

This took just two clicks without reading your "tutorial". So what is it that is so special about your instructions?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
It wasn't a fluke. Precious to the software upgrade uploading pictures was difficult. This tutorial was a big help. Now with the new forum software it's super easy

Tikki

It wasn't a fluke. Precious to the software upgrade uploading pictures was difficult. This tutorial was a big help. Now with the new forum software it's super easy
OK, but I had posted pictures on this forum with just a couple of clicks before the software upgrade. Why is that?

Incidentally I am using Windows 10 - upgraded a while back from Windows 7, having started with XP Pro. I use the latest version of Firefox as my browser although I have changed it to show the previous version of Firefox, and basically I am computer illiterate, just self taught. When my computer guru built my first computer for me in 2004 [I think] I had never seen a computer before and even had to ask him how to switch the thing on and off. And it took me two weeks before I had the guts to send an email.

The only thing that is now different from the software upgrade is the colour scheme, which I much prefer, although it is rather bright.

I am a very new newbie who has so much to learn, not just about Doxies but how this forum functions. I have managed to put an avatar although I will have to learn how to crop it suitably - and I think I messed up with my sig as I wanted it a wee bit larger and also in Bold. But I have to learn how to use this forum - and I do so wish it would wake up as it is so quiet.

Tikki

I have to learn how this forum works - I think I can change colours etc by checking the Xenoforo skin but am not surel - I will have to play about with things before I booger everything up. OK so I found how to put an avatar but i need to crop it - not important though, and I did manage to sort out my sig!

And my little half Doxie is a sheer delight and I love her so much.

Gies

OK so I found how to put an avatar but i need to crop it.
Hello Tikki, the photo editing software mentioned in the tutorial can also be used to crop and resize your pictures, your avatar should be 96x96.
First upload your picture, click "adjustment" then click "crop", use the 1:1 dimensions and finally resize your cropped picture to 96x96.
The better the quality of your picture the sharper your avatar will be, if it doesn't work out just tell me and I will help you.
Gies, באַגריסן

Tikki

All photographs I take are put on Picasa3 and I can easily crop them from there. I was still learning [and still am] how to use this site, and could - and did - post photographs before the software change. I just had not cropped the Avatar photograph as I just wanted to put something up quickly. I also wanted to show that even though I can see the Doxie in her she is only a cross-breed, although all Doxie owners would immediately see the "Doxie on Stilts" - with a few alterations here and there from her poppa MinPin!

Incidentally, I thank you for the thought and the welcome, which was appreciated and very kind :) but I do not speak Yiddish, which is what you typed. The correct way would have been to say ברוכים הבאים

Tikki

Good morning Gies!

This is the full size of the original of my avatar

I know it is far from perfect but as a point and shoot shot just set on Auto I am happy with it. Mainly because it shows the similarity and differences of both her Doxie dam and her MinPin sire. It is uncropped and posted through TinyPic using their link.

Possibly it would have looked better if I had lightened it slightly - easy enough to do on Picasa, but that was what I saw. Cute little booga that she is!

Gies

Because of the 96x96 size of the avatar just the face would be nice, like the ones below.:)
Maybe you already found it but to cluster and show your pics you can create an album via the media tab. I added these 2 avatars to my Kiki & Mokka 2012 album and used the "share image" link to post them here. You may want to download these avatars, in 1 or 2 weeks I will remove them from this album. :(
or this

Incidentally, I thank you for the thought and the welcome, which was appreciated and very kind :) but I do not speak Yiddish, which is what you typed. The correct way would have been to say ברוכים הבאים
I used google translate, I hope I did't say anything inappropriate, you got the message. :)

Tikki

Because of the 96x96 size of the avatar just the face would be nice, like the ones below.:)
Maybe you already found it but to cluster and show your pics you can create an album via the media tab. I added these 2 avatars to my Kiki & Mokka 2012 album and used the "share image" link to post them here. You may want to download these avatars, in 1 or 2 weeks I will remove them from this album. :(
or this

I used google translate, I hope I did't say anything inappropriate, you got the message. :)
Thank you so much. I rather like the first one as she was only a baby in the second one, but for some unknown reason I cannot get it as my avatar. I have downloaded and saved it but somehow I cannot get it to work as my new avatar.

Oh, I just did it! :D

No, you did not say anything inappropriate, but Google Translate gave you the Yiddish translation! It just means "Welcome" which my Hebrew correction also means, although what I wrote literally means "Welcome [to] the Following" - sounds daft but that is the literal translation. I never use Google Translate as it is frequently inaccurate - I use http://howtosay.org/ and have yet to find an error or inaccurate translation. Someone on a general site once tried to be clever and posted something he thought was in Chinese only it was not, it was Japanese and did not mean what he thought it did. Similar looking characters but I did a double two-way check and sure enough it was Japanese and not what he thought he was saying.

It is a very useful site to know.

Thank you again for all your help.