So sad today, disapointed in myself

vizzla

Today our boys could have been biten or killed.
They ran towards a big black dog, barking. It was my fault, shouldnt have let them of leash. We were going out on the ice just 50 m from where we live. I thought I hade it under controll, but I was wrong.

This time all went well exept me feeling so bad infront of the other ower. Didnt have time to apologise, she just left, I understand her.

Im so lost. I believe Ive done everything I can to teach Alf how to behave,...

mariethebee

Don't be to hard on yourself, It happens to the best of us. We can train to the best of our knowledge but lets not forget that they are animals and they do have a mind of there own. Only thing you can really do is learn from it. :)

Inkeri

Don't be so hard on yourself. It happens!! The main thing is that nothing serious happened. :) It is more difficult to have the dogs under control when there's two of them. I've noticed. ;)

vizzla

Thank you.

Its so hard to know what advice to listen to and what not. Im surrounded by people telling me how to handle it. Sometimes its just contradictions all over the places...

Im just frustrated because Alf is the perfect dog, he just has his barking as a minus. If he didnt do that he would be my dreamdog!!!

Theo is just to young yet :) But we love him to.

babysis

It's okay to feel that way but sometimes the best trained animals can pick up a scent. Sounds like Alf didn't like the other dog near his place and he was protecting. Just know that things happen and Alf is okay. As other posters have said, don't be hard on yourself! You have a great dog and this is bound to happen especially with two in the picture! Just use at as a learning experience. We are our own worst critics! Keep your head up and keep smiling. :)