Seperation anxiety or just craving attention?

sherlock

Dr. Watson has recently (within the last month or two) started an extremely annoying habit...when he is left alone in the room while in his kennel, he will cry incessantly. This is usually when I step outside for a cigarette (and DH is in bed already) or when I go to bed, too. It doesn't seem to be a problem if I'm actually leaving the house (I don't hear him when I walk out the door or down the sidewalk.) It's terrible when I go to bed, and I usually have to get up once or twice, stick my head into the living room, and tell him to hush/spray him with the water bottle, and then sometimes he still keeps it up and I just let him "cry it out" for a several minutes. We spent the night at DH's parents house recently and had Watson in our room with us, and he even started up when I got up to use the bathroom.

It stresses me out, especially if it's late at night and I don't want his whining to wake up DH or the downstairs neighbors. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions??

sounds like he's been talking to his doxie friends, and has learned that a lot of his friends get to sleep in bed with their parents ... :D

SSG.House

Eli will cry if I leave the room. Even if my mom is present. He sleeps with me. I mentioned the seperation anxiety in another thread and never got a reply.

I think its normal, as i have heard Doxies are known for speration anxiety as puppies.

sherlock

He's a little over a year old. It's just so weird because he used to be fine, and then it started up randomly.