Seizures

Callmeonthemoon

My now 5 year old mini neutered male dachshund has had 3 seizures in front of me. His first was January 2013 the day my grandmother passed away. The second was July 2014 before I was leaving for work. I took him to the vet within the hour and they ran bloodwork and couldn't find anything. Third one was today. I'm concerned for my dog and was wondering if anyone else has a dog with seizures like him. At first I thought he fed off my stress, but today was stress free. He always acts off before he begins to seize and he always finds me to stay near. He does not "come to" between his back to back ones. And they never last more then 30-40 seconds. They mostly last 10-30 seconds. The vet won't put him on meds yet and advised to track his seizures.
I'm not sure why he has them, could it be his breeding lines?

Hunter's Parade

My mothers dachshund mix has them too.She is 6,5 years old now and has had them all her life.They don't seem to really bother her,they last only up to 30 seconds and after that she just goes like nothing has happened so we didn't take her to the vet because of this.

GJBain

My now 5 year old mini neutered male dachshund has had 3 seizures in front of me. His first was January 2013 the day my grandmother passed away. The second was July 2014 before I was leaving for work. I took him to the vet within the hour and they ran bloodwork and couldn't find anything. Third one was today. I'm concerned for my dog and was wondering if anyone else has a dog with seizures like him. At first I thought he fed off my stress, but today was stress free. He always acts off before he begins to seize and he always finds me to stay near. He does not "come to" between his back to back ones. And they never last more then 30-40 seconds. They mostly last 10-30 seconds. The vet won't put him on meds yet and advised to track his seizures.
I'm not sure why he has them, could it be his breeding lines?
Our Samantha who lived to be 17 years and 3 weeks had her first seizure when she was 3 years old. She was on Phenobarbital 2 times a day for 14 years. Even with that she would on a rare occasion still have a seizure. She maybe had 10-15 of them during her whole life (I know very sad to watch). She had no side effects from the Pheno at all as she was pretty hyper at a young age but in her later years she slept a little more but who don't as they get older?? She would have blood work every 6 months to monitor her levels. It really sucks to see our little guys have a seizure but the best thing you can do is hold onto them until they come out of it. Good luck and I hope it all works out.