Rescued Doxie

Eunick

Hi i'm new to the forum and would like to share my story.
I stayed over at a friends house about a month ago and on the last day of my stay i heard a puppy screaming. i then rushed outside to check whats happening and saw that it was being attacked by two bigger dogs running around the neighborhood, i then chased them away and picked up the little one, walked to a couple of houses to check who it belonged to but couldn't find the owner. I decided to keep the little one, and its a month later now. another family member told me that it looked like she could be a dachshund. Could anyone tell me if she is a pedigree or crossed, ill keep her anyway, i just need to know. She's loves the following:
1. Wiener
2. Digging in the sand
3. loves being under covers (in bed)
4. loves attention
5. loves playing

Help please

Attachments

GJBain

Hi i'm new to the forum and would like to share my story.
I stayed over at a friends house about a month ago and on the last day of my stay i heard a puppy screaming. i then rushed outside to check whats happening and saw that it was being attacked by two bigger dogs running around the neighborhood, i then chased them away and picked up the little one, walked to a couple of houses to check who it belonged to but couldn't find the owner. I decided to keep the little one, and its a month later now. another family member told me that it looked like she could be a dachshund. Could anyone tell me if she is a pedigree or crossed, ill keep her anyway, i just need to know. She's loves the following:
1. Wiener
2. Digging in the sand
3. loves being under covers (in bed)
4. loves attention
5. loves playing

Help please
Definately a Dachshund (all or part) for sure.

JPsMOM

Yep there is dachshund in there...almost looks like a "chiweenie" in the second pic I think.
And what a cutie!
Sent via tapatalk

Nell

Definitely dachshund, bless her, she looks a little thin, so glad you found her, what a lucky girl :)

Eunick

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback.
She has really crawled into my heart.
@lucerogino my wife named her Duchess
@Nell thanks hey, she was thin when i found her, but took her to the vet the next day made sure she got her vaccination injection and proper food.

She is about 3months now, and ive added some recent pics of her.

Here's a link to a recent video: Duchess fetch - YouTube

Attachments

babysis

Definitely a Dachshund, pure bred. I wish I could tell you she was a pedigree or not but I don't know. Absolutely beautiful!! They do crawl into your heart. I have known dachshunds to be one of the most loyal breeds out there. :)

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
She's gorgeous! And is a purebred or so close that you can't see any other breed in her. Lucky you!

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

JPsMOM

Now that's a healthy baby! Looks better already! Seems like you are doing a great job :) They do grow so fast!

Sent via tapatalk