Questions About My Dachshund

Hare4

Hi my name is Dan and I am a proud owner of my Male Dachshund Duke!

I am confused about his coating of hair. I am wondering if his coat looks like a normal coat. Just concerned if the length and everything is typical and normal of a longhair Dachshund.

I am not sure who to ask so I figured that I'd post here.

Here are a couple photos of Duke.

I am wondering if somebody could help me with this?

Thanks so much!

Attachments

sherlock

Pretty boy! Definitely long haired, and everything looks normal. His coat is similar to my boy Watson's (except Watson is red.) Most long haireds actually don't get the full, crazy-long coat that is most often seen, that's a bit more rare but usually what you see in show dogs.

How old is Duke?

Penny

Yes, it's normal for a long hair puppy. It takes some time for the long coat to grow in. Some long hair doxies have lots, some not as much, as adults.
He's so cute!

Hare4

Pretty boy! Definitely long haired, and everything looks normal. His coat is similar to my boy Watson's (except Watson is red.) Most long haireds actually don't get the full, crazy-long coat that is most often seen, that's a bit more rare but usually what you see in show dogs.

How old is Duke?
Thanks so much!

Duke is going on 14 weeks!

sherlock

Awww!!! Then his coat will definitely get much longer. Watson is going on 2 years and his is still growing and changing each time he gets/sheds a coat.