Puppy going to the bathroom in the house. HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'General Training & Obedience' started by dylankeller, Jan 13, 2017.

1. dylankeller

dylankeller New Member

Pets:
    Dachshund
    Hello all, this is my first time posting and im hoping someone could give me some pointers. We got a doxie for our daughter about a month ago, she is 13 weeks old. We have taught her how to sit and do other things as well but for some reason we can't get her to go to the bathroom outside. She sleeps in our room in her kennel, when we wake up in the morning we take her out and sometimes she will go pee out side but most times she holds it and waits until we get inside. She has a pad in her play pen for when were at work that she will go on ( when she doesn't rip it to pieces ). When we are home we take her out every hour and we stand outside with her for 15 to 20 minutes sometimes even longer and she will just sniff around for a moment then run to the door and wait to go in, then as soon as we get inside she will go to the bathroom right inside the door or she will go up stairs and go to the bathroom on the carpet. Someone please help she is a great dog we just need to get her to go outside! any advise is greatly appreciated! 15235491_10153889860411401_1595293609565198187_o.jpg

2. Cora

Cora New Member

Pets:
    Dexter, Daisy, Sylar
    Mine does the same thing, so I'm looking forward to seeing any responses you get. I'm told that once you train them to go on the pads, that's all they'll go on. He will at least go pee outside because we have an older dog, and he pees in the spot she does, but comes in and runs to the pad to go poo.

3. TinyDragon

TinyDragon New Member

Pets:
    2 cats and a future puppy
    When she does not go and she wants in. If you cannot keep 100% watchful eye on her, put her in her crate. Wait about 5 minutes and try again, repeat as needed. If you are able to keep 100% eye on her, watch for signs. Like sniffing the ground, squatting etc.. Just give a firm No (only verbal, nothing else) and promptly take her out. When she does goes highly praise, give treats etc..
    Also take her out about 5-10 minutes (unless she shows signs of needing it sooner) after play, eating and anything else that could excite her.
    She is still very young and it is going to take time, just gotta be persistent and patience. :)