Puppy dachshund toileting

Discussion in 'General Training & Obedience' started by rumswizzle, Sep 14, 2017.

1. rumswizzle

rumswizzle New Member

Pets:
    Doris
    Hi, I have a 5-month-old mini dachshund whom I thought I have trained well with toileting. She has always been in a playpen when we are not around and uses puppy pads. We let her out in the garden every 3-4 hrs because she prefers to go outside and she's been doing so well that in the past couple of weeks she hasn't used the puppy pads at all.

We are trying to "wean" her off the playpen so she has more space in the kitchen but we have found that she has started weeing and pooping all over the place even though we'd let her out like half an hour prior! Puppy pads are still there in the same place.

She doesn't do it when we are with her, only when we nip out, even to the bathroom! I know it sounds silly but it seems like she's doing it out of spite! Not sure how to approach this because we really do want her to have more space, plus she is already finding ways to climb out of her pen. She has her own corner in the kitchen with a huge comfy bed and pillows and toys etc.