dhl1957

Hello,
I'm not only new to this forum, I'm new to forums. I've been trying to find some ideas about designing your home for your dachshunds. Of course, it has to be comfy for everyone, but one of my doxies is already having back problems but he will jump if he thinks he can.

Does anyone know of any design ideas, furniture, accessories, or whatever that can be incorporated into the average human home? What originally got me to thinking about it is Moroccan design where everything is low to the ground.

So, anyone?

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
I dont know alot about fashions and home decor... but I'm building a staircase for my bed so Boo can get on and off it

love'laska

Welcome to the forum! Stairs are a great idea, and many people also use ramps to help their doxies get on and off furniture easily.

Penny

Hi and Welcome from Canada!
Carpet gives good traction which is better than slippery floors.
I have short little stools that are sturdy which the dogs use for going up and down on the couch.
Baby gates to keep nosey dogs from going up and down stairs. If we don't have a barrier up Beau will absolutely make a run for it to go exploring, and he's 11. Still as naughty as ever. lol

Hope you can post some pics and introduce your sweeties to us when you have time.

Nell

Hi and welcome from the UK.

I have a pile of floor cushions in front of one end of the settee and mine use them to sleep on, hide under and climb up them to get on the settee.

I like Penny's suggestion of a low stool though and am going to see if I can find a couple.

I also agree about the carpet thing, I like the look of wooden floors but am glad of my carpets in the winter! lol.

Would love to see some photos........