New member welcome thread..

Doxie Dad

Doxie Dad saying HI

JUST JOINED....
I have been a doxie lover all of my life...First dachshunds in my family go back to my 5th birthday and there has been one or more in my life ever since ...I currently am owned by 3...

13 year old Sadie-Black and tan smooth not the most perfect dachshund in looks and confirmation but one of the best ever and a great entertainer.

and 2-6 month old puppies Tank and Cricket

Tanks is a stunning shaded red male and is an absolute stunner...he comes from mini parents but is already 15 pounds------Looks like we have a standard!

Cricket is a smooth black and tan reverse dapple..she is quite interesting in the fact hat everyone is drawn to her....she has a silly clown expression and the dappling adds to that demeanor......She will NOT be ignored.

Sherrie

Hi Newcomer here!

Hi Everyone!
My name is Sherrie, I live in South Carolina. I absolutely LOVE and ADORE all animals.. My husband always tells me that He thinks that I could "tame" the tazmanian Devil!! LOL.. When we lost our 17 yo dachshund mix, I was devastated.. soon after, My hubby brought home our little Cheyann!!! She is a 3yo mini dach and one of the smartest animals I have ever had the pleasure of being owned by. She is an absolute joy---what a funny little ball of fire she is!! She is ruler and queen of the houshold. We also have a 135 lb.Pitt,chow, and rot mix named Montana.. he is the most wonderful gentle soul ever known, however Cheyann tells him what to do and he does it!!! ( she really doesnt know just how big he is,, so we dont tell her!!) LOL... anywho-- that's us in a nutshell. I am glad to be here and look forward to making many new friends here..

Attachments

WeenieNTatersMom

Hello everyone. My name is Beth and I have a black and tan mini dachshund named Tater and a red chiweenie named Princess Weenie. (We just call her Weenie.) They are so funny and such sweet babies. We also have a ginger tabby cat named Killer. I have two human sons too!

Hi

My name is Rebecca. My husband and I live in Tennessee with our three smooth haired dachshunds. I was raised a cat person, but after being married for a year and my husband insisting on a dog, we finally agreed that a dachshund would be right for us. We got our first Coconut (a black and tan dapple) and had him several months before we adopted the second as company for him during our long days working and being students. Our second doxie Kiwi (a red dapple) loves nothing more than to play all day long... what a match! We thought our family was complete with our two doxies until a co-worker called me saying that a friend of hers was not up to the challenge of a dachshund puppy and was taking her to the pound. My husband and I could not let this little one go knowing that we had the room and finances for one more, so we adopted Mango (a solid red). We love them all and cannot imagine a life that our fruit basket was not a part of.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
My name is Rebecca. My husband and I live in Tennessee with our three smooth haired dachshunds. I was raised a cat person, but after being married for a year and my husband insisting on a dog, we finally agreed that a dachshund would be right for us. We got our first Coconut (a black and tan dapple) and had him several months before we adopted the second as company for him during our long days working and being students. Our second doxie Kiwi (a red dapple) loves nothing more than to play all day long... what a match! We thought our family was complete with our two doxies until a co-worker called me saying that a friend of hers was not up to the challenge of a dachshund puppy and was taking her to the pound. My husband and I could not let this little one go knowing that we had the room and finances for one more, so we adopted Mango (a solid red). We love them all and cannot imagine a life that our fruit basket was not a part of.

Welcome! I dunno if I could have 3 Doxies.... at least ones like Mouse... She is a busy little monster, running this way and that, checking everything out... seeing if something not hers should be destroyed. (nevermind puppy proofing... Dachshund proofing is considerably harder!!!) j/k I adore Mouse, and if I came across another deaf or blind Double Dapple, I wouldn't even hesatate! They are such awesome (if stubborn) little critters!:D

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
Hi Im Susan and Im mummy to Bella our first but certainly not last Doxie, she is 12 weeks old and a mini smooth haired silver dapple... and absolutley beautiful :D

I am in the UK in North Lincolnshire, live with my hubby and 2 children aged 5 and almost 14.

I am a childminder and work from home so spend all day with my owner Bella :D

scattyann

Hello,

Love the site ;-) I'm in the UK but my partner's out in the States at the moment and he directed me to this site.

As can be seen from my pics I have two adorable mini Red smooths who truly are my best friends. When I'm not in work I'm with them, they go everywhere with me ;-)

Scattyann

Last edited:

PookysMa03

Hello everyone

My name is Sheri & I am owned by a beautiful 7 year old Chocolate & Tan mini smooth doxie, named Laci Raine. I brought her home when she was 11 days old because her mom almost died giving birth and wanted nothing to do with her. My mom had her parents. I brought this little beauty home and bottle fed her every 2-3 hours, wiped her little butt so she could potty and all. I think because of that she is extra spoiled ;) She doesn't realize she isn't human. When she was 3 1/2, she suffered a slipped disc in her back and thought she would never walk again. We researched doggie carts, but thankfully we have a wonderful Vet who took care of her, and lots of therapy with mommy in the bathtub and such.. :) I even learned how to express her bladder. Now she walks just fine. Dad built her ramps in the house so no jumping! lol Anyway I won't tell our life story in our first post. Just our story in a nutshell.
So glad to find a place like this and I look forward to reading everyone's story and getting to know a few doxie lovers! They are the best dogs ever!

Laci is the 3rd doxie I have had in my life. Will tell more as I go along, as I said I guess I don't have to say it all in the first post! lol Nice to meet you all!:eek:

tunis

Hello Everyone,

I'm Emma and with my boyfriend Matt we are the proud mummy and daddy of 5 month old Bella. Bella is a Standard Red Smooth, with the most wonderful personality. Tragically her mummy died not long after the birth, but she's a fighter and the breeder did a fantastic job of raising three healthy pups. I think partly due to hand rearing, she is such a cuddler and loves being involved in anything that is going on.

Bella is the star of the local park as you don't often see Dachshunds near us. She loves meeting other dogs and is noticeably upset if we are nearing the end of a walk and she has not met any (looking back just to make sure she's not missed any). Its not just dogs if a person walks passed her and does not say hello she gets very perplexed.

She is a delight and we freely acknowledge making the commitment to bring her into our world and care for her was the best decision we have ever made.
Hi Emma, I knit dog jumpers for a rescue charity...haven`t knit a Daschund one yet, so was wondering if you could give me the measurements of yours eg.length from neck to start of bottom and the chest measurements. Would be very grateful for the information.

Nell

Hi Everyone

I live in the UK and have had dogs all my life. I used to breed and show Pointers, have bred several champions and over the years competed with a variety of breeds in obedience classes.

I am now near retirement and have a much smaller house and garden hence the change to a smaller breed. I have a rescue 3yr old dachshund x border terrier "Woody" or Mr Woods when naughty! and a seven month old dachshund girl "Connie". Connie and I have just started some low key agility training and we are both enjoying it enormously!!

Cruzer's Mom

Hello

My name is Lori and I am Cruzer, Ryder, and Porkchops Mom. My husband and I have always had Schnauzers but when our Sasha passed away in 2009 a friend gave us Cruzer. I never thought I would love a doxie as much as my Sasha, but I was wrong! Cruzer has the most fantastic personality!:D My daughter rescued Ryder in 2011 and gave him to Cruzer so he would have a playmate. They are inseparable. Porkchop is our old man. He is 16 and a sooner-be one thing than another. He is also a rescue.