New from Toronto Ontario Area! 2 Daschies!

Dauntless

Hello Everyone!

My name is Allen and I enjoy long walks on the beach...oh wait, wrong forum lol. But seriously, my name is in fact Allen, and my girlfriend and I are proud owners of 2 Longhair Miniature Dachshunds. We got both of them from a breeder in the same city we live in, off of Kijiji too. The breeders are great people, CKC registered. They used to show the mom and dad back home in Europe, but decided to move to Canada and not do shows anymore due to all the work involved. My dogs grandfather was a champion dog in Europe which we thought was really cool.

So onto our dogs. The first one we got about 2 years ago (Dec 2010), is Juno. My girlfriend picked out the name (not because of the movie) but because of the meaning (Goddess of newborns). Juno is special to my girlfriend cause she was born on the anniversary date of her kidney transplant (Sept 28). She has always wanted a dachshund and it just seems like Juno was born for her. Juno is now 2 years and 5 months old.

In November of 2011 we learned that the mom was pregnant again, and on December 13th, gave birth to 3 more pups. We went over to see the newbies and played with them for a couple of hours. There was this one that always came up to me and cuddles and play bit me while I sat there on the floor. We made the decision to get another one, which was the best decision ever. In February when the puppies were 8 weeks old, we added Zelda to our family. Zelda is now about 1 year 2 months old, and is daddy's girl lol.

Here are some pictures of the dogs (Sorry in advanced for the long intro and if there are too many pictures, but its hard to narrow down a bunch of photo's to only a few lol

Juno as a Puppy (about 6 months old)

Juno now

Zelda the day we got her (8 weeks old and with dad lol)

Zelda napping with her Tigger

Juno and Zelda's mom Ivy

Juno and Zelda's dad Valdi

Family photo (L2R Zach, Zelda, Valdi, Ivy, Juno)

Juno and Zelda going for a car ride - One of my fave pictures

Took this with a macro lens on my iPhone, Zelda's Nose

Penny

Hi from Winnipeg!
You've got 2 gorgeous babies there. Twice the fun too, huh?
Looking forward to more stories and photos.