New Doxie owner and loving it

Lola333

Hi everyone, here is our story. We adopted a plotthohnd who is 7 years old and he has severe seperation anxiety and we then set out to help him through several different methods, and one was getting him a buddy because he used to have a doggie brother. We went to a different rescue and he loved every dog he met but a lot of them were intimidated by his 100 lb size. The rescue actually had a 11 week old brown Doxie. It was love at first sight for me and my other dog Duke was interested. We took her home and named her Lola, Duke and her love each other so much and play like crazy and he does seem happier. I always wanted a Doxie also. She is the most cuddly dog I have ever had, right now she is laying across my chest. Is this just the breed? She sits up around my neck in the car and used to be crated at night but now we cuddle all night in bed. We have a very crowded bed, lol. Are all doxies this cuddly, she loves to be on my lap and anywhere we are, she loves all people and other pets. Thanks everyone for listening.

GJBain

Hi everyone, here is our story. We adopted a plotthohnd who is 7 years old and he has severe seperation anxiety and we then set out to help him through several different methods, and one was getting him a buddy because he used to have a doggie brother. We went to a different rescue and he loved every dog he met but a lot of them were intimidated by his 100 lb size. The rescue actually had a 11 week old brown Doxie. It was love at first sight for me and my other dog Duke was interested. We took her home and named her Lola, Duke and her love each other so much and play like crazy and he does seem happier. I always wanted a Doxie also. She is the most cuddly dog I have ever had, right now she is laying across my chest. Is this just the breed? She sits up around my neck in the car and used to be crated at night but now we cuddle all night in bed. We have a very crowded bed, lol. Are all doxies this cuddly, she loves to be on my lap and anywhere we are, she loves all people and other pets. Thanks everyone for listening.
Yes Dachshunds are 100% lap dogs and love being with their people.