My adult Mini Dashchund won't stop peeing inside!

Discussion in 'General Training & Obedience' started by Rach, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Rach

Rach New Member

Pets:
    Mini Dashchund (Mysty) and 3 cats (Spart, Clay, Little Foot)
    I bought my girl a few months. She is 4 1/2 yrs old. The first month was perfect but after that she started peeing inside every day. Even infront of me. My house is small so I can see her at all times but if I look away, she pees. She has no tell (circling or sniffing) at all so I can't rush her outside before she does it. The basement is closed at all times now because she started down there but when I closed it she went all over on the main floor. When I first moved into the house I cleaned it with nuetrilizing cleaner because the previous renters had a dog. I use the same stuff to clean up her pee. I now crate her if I'm not home or even if I have to go to the garage to get a tool, but she gets really sad when she's in there and when I let her out she is extremely excited and it takes about 40 mins for her to calm down. I praise her so much when she goes outside and she goes when I say 'go pee' but she will still go inside after. I can't use a pee pad or one of those dog diapers. Please I need advice, any advice.

2. MarieH

MarieH New Member

Pets:
    Chappie
    Get some urine odor neutralizer enzyme. Clean all the pee spots well and let the produce sit a few hours and then mop as usual. Don't be afraid to use a firm voice to indicate peeing inside is wrong. Use an unpleasant tone but don't yell or scream. Just show she knows your "unhappy" voice. After my dog was more or less housebroken, he would forget and occasionally pee on the floor while playing (too lazy to ask for the door or having too much fun) I would say in a firm disapproving voice "What is this?" No pee! And stop playing with him. I made a big "todo" about cleaning up lol. He went and sulked on the sofa watching me clean. Bad dog, pee outside! Teach her "outside" Its a good word to add to their vocabulary, and yes they understand a lot o words by association. "pee outside". He's 100 percent clean now,