More Puppy Pictures! (:

Nell

Awww she is so cute!

Did you get to see her mum and dad when you picked her up?

Connie only had one sister (almost identical!) I wish I had asked the breeder for the contact details of her sisters owners as it would have been really nice to keep in touch. I am very lucky though as my friend also has a dachshund pup a month older than Connie (black and tan)and they get to play together regularly.

love'laska

Did you get to see her mum and dad when you picked her up?
I did not get to see her parents, unfortunately. Because I drove so far out of state, the lady I bought her from met me outside of her city so I didn't have to drive even farther into Missouri. I did get to see photos of her littermates, though, and was told she looks a lot like her mother, except now her mother has a darker red racer stripe down her back. Also, her mother was short haired and her father was long haired.

Originally I wanted her brother, who was the only dapple puppy of the litter, but someone else beat me to it. I don't even care anymore. :D

love'laska

Omg she's so tiny! !! I wish I had Mouse when she was that small!
I could not believe how tiny she was when I picked her up. Of course I knew she'd be small, but I had no idea she'd be this small. When I did my puppy shopping, I bought the smallest two collars that target had but both were way too big for her. Yesterday I went out and found a collar that fits her nicely, thank goodness! Although, her name tag drags on the ground. Also, I forgot to configure how her doxie shape would affect the harness I bought her, which is too big around the neck, but too small around the chest. Go figure. -.- Luckily, I figure I have a few weeks before a harness is necessary and by then she'll have grown into the more breed-specific harness I got her.

This is the first time I've had a puppy! All of my previous dogs were rescues, which is initially what I wanted to do with my first doxie, but my therapist recommended I started with a puppy as an emotional support animal so I could raise her to fit my needs.

How old are Mouse and Boo?

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Well I hate to disagree with your therapist, but puppies cant be moulded to fit your needs. You have to find a personality fit in a puppy same as an adult... but I won't get going on this as I am a bit passionate about it lol.

I've always rescued adult or close to adult special needs pets. I've never had a young puppy or kitten. Though I've fostered a few. Mouse is the youngest I've ever had at 5.5 months. She is 4.5 years old now. Boo was 6.5 years old when I adopted him and he's 9 now. Mouse would have been the cutest little tiny baby EVER! Though she would have been a horrid brat lol... what am I saying? SHE STILL IS! LOL

love'laska

Sara, I didn't mean to make it sound like I have expectations for Alaska to be perfectly raised to fit in with me. I know all animals have their own personalities and attitudes.

It really is so great that you rescue and foster animals! That's what my family did for a really long time. Your babies sound incredibly precious (and bratty, but aren't all dogs? :p).

Nell

You have to find a personality fit in a puppy same as an adult...
I must admit I chose my puppy because of her parents temperament, personality and confirmation. I was really lucky as I have several breeders of dachshunds quite close to me and visited a few before waiting for this litter. When it actually came to choosing which puppy there were only two girls in the litter and they were virtually identical. I went for the one that came to me first.

The one good thing about England is you never really have to go that far to get anywhere lol.

Last edited:

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
The one good thing about England is you never really have to go that far to get anywhere lol.
Ha ha ha... I drove 11 hours one way to pick up Mouse (Her foster Mom drove 4) and both Boo and Oliver flew to me.

love'laska

Ha ha ha... I drove 11 hours one way to pick up Mouse (Her foster Mom drove 4) and both Boo and Oliver flew to me.
I drove six hours from Chicago to pick up Alaska and then 11 hours home to Michigan, where we're staying until I move into my new place next weekend, but thankfully we're breaking that trip up into two days of three-hour driving.