Mini dachshunds in PA area

ALeCompte

Hi everyone! I created this acct to help my Inlaws find a reputable mini smooth red dachshund breeder. Someone who health tests and titles. They recently had to put their little guy " jack" down after 16 years. He was a great little dog! They're not looking for a puppy at this very moment, but possibly sometime next year. It would be awesome if they had a few breeders to look into.
Thanks in advance for any help :)

Eta: sorry for the subject. I should have written hello from phila and posted again in breeders. Sorry :/

Last edited:

Penny

You might like to check the American Kennel Club for breeders in your area.
Have you considered an adult? We went to a show breeder and let her know we were interested in an adult when she had one ready to retire. They have been in the show ring so they were used to people, walking on a leash, travelling in a crate. We have never adopted a puppy because this has worked so well for us. That supports good breeders as well, giving their adults a pet home when it's time.

ALeCompte

You might like to check the American Kennel Club for breeders in your area.
Have you considered an adult? We went to a show breeder and let her know we were interested in an adult when she had one ready to retire. They have been in the show ring so they were used to people, walking on a leash, travelling in a crate. We have never adopted a puppy because this has worked so well for us. That supports good breeders as well, giving their adults a pet home when it's time.
Thanks for your reply! I know my mother inlaw wants a male puppy. Maybe if she found a good breeder and the dog picked her, she'd go with it.
I've checked quite a few websites. Akc and any breeder referral links attached, kc of Berks county and a dachshund kc in western PA. Lots of the breeders she found were not breeding red smooth mini's. I didn't realize it would be so challenging lol. And my MIL's one MUST is to meet the little. Let a puppy pick her. They would be a pet home. They wouldnt get into showing or sports.
Thanks again!

Penny

Well maybe she can mull it over, the retiring adult.
We adopted Beau at 3 years old (on his 3rd birthday actually) and he has his championship. Very handsome fella. He's 12 now and looking sharp as ever.

I bet she'd love this photo..(not mine)

Be sure to let us know how it works out.

ALeCompte

Well maybe she can mull it over, the retiring adult.
We adopted Beau at 3 years old (on his 3rd birthday actually) and he has his championship. Very handsome fella. He's 12 now and looking sharp as ever.

I bet she'd love this photo..(not mine)

Be sure to let us know how it works out.

Haha! Very cute dogs! So funny because jack would sit up on his butt like that too! Usually while someone was eating though lol. I'll try to talk my MIL into joining the forum. And I will post abt any updates :)

ALeCompte

Hello. This is where I got my Zoya. I know others who have gotten puppies from this lady. She is absolutely amazing, in my opinion.. She breeds to the German standards, not AKC, if this makes a difference to you....
Also, there is a wait and she does not ship her puppies, you must come pick up.

vom Weberschlösschen, mini long hair dachshunds
Thank you so much for your reply and info! I will pass this along for sure! Not a problem they don't ship. I know my Inlaws want to meet breeder and meet pup prior to bringing home. Thks again :)