Let's liven up this Forum.

CaseyKC

It has been rather quiet in the forum this summer. Let's try to get some conversations going. I thought maybe we could talk and show photos about our own personal dogs.

This photo is of my Libby, a 13lb tweeny, age 10. I have had her since she was a puppy. She is my best friend, another daughter, and my constant companion. I guess you could say she is "spoiled," but because of her sweet personality, loving ways, and mostly good manners, she deserves spoiling. Her favorite things to do are digging holes at the beach and cuddling with me.

If I did this photo stuff correctly, there should be a photo of Libby as a puppy, one digging at the beach, and two recent Libby pictures.

How about everyone tell about your dog and share pictures? Let's make this place an interesting place to visit.

Attachments

Gies

Come on people, reply and participate.
Hi Casey,
Writing in English is not something I do every day so I mostly stick to posting pictures and animated gifs of Kiki & Mokka. Last month they stayed 2 weeks at my place an I took almost 6000 pictures of which I will delete over 5000. :eek:

The next months I will post a selection in this thread. But talking about pictures I have to say that the quality of most pics in this forum is not that good ... :( I get the impression that most people bought their camera in the last century. Tip: Get your camera at your dogs height and use your imagination when taking photos.

One photo of 11 year old Kiki I didn't throw away as an example:

I could write a little “how to” on how I post my pictures and animated gifs, just let me know. You want to get some conversations going
, I would like to see more and better pictures.

Greetings from The Netherlands.

CaseyKC

Hi Gies,
You write very well in English. If I had to write in German or French, probably no one would understand me at all.

We were stationed in Germany with the US Army about 35 years ago. During our first tour, we were in Worms, Germany for 4 years and frequently visited Amsterdam. At that time I had a wonderful Pentax camera, and was able to take wonderful photos. When I would take the film into a shop to be developed, I usually had slides made instead of photos, but could have hard copy paper photos made from any slide I particularly liked. During the past ten years, it has become very difficult and expensive to buy film and have it developed, so I got a Nikon Coolpix camera, but I don't get the really good photos that I used to get with my Pentax. Recently, I got an Apple iphone, and to my surprise, it actually takes okay photos, not great, but okay.

Libby, my dachshund is not fond of having her photo taken. I keep trying, but unless someone is around to distract her, she won't look at the iphone when I point it at her. Fortunately, I can delete the ones where she won't hold still.

Gies

Gutentag Casey,

My German is even better, I was stationed for the NL Army (Armored Infantry) in Seedorf near Bremen. Like you said, keep on trying with Libby. I assume you already use the burst mode on your IPhone?

Good luck.

CaseyKC

Ha ha, the burst mode. I discovered that the first time I used the iphone camera function. The problem with that is that unless I email a photo from the burst to myself, I can't delete selected photos from the burst. The entire sequence is deleted at once.

I will try to add one of my favorites at the end. We go to Florida in the winter. I was sitting on my porch when a man with bag pipes began walking up and down the sand water line, (strand.) He wasn't wearing a kilt, but was playing what the Army calls "sprightly military airs." I decided to take a photo, and used my iphone for the first time. You can't tell from the photo that he is wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and I love the way it turned out. I think of this photo as being my "sand piper," a little bird that runs up and down the water line.

The sad thing about where we stay in the winter is that dogs are not allowed on the beach.

MarieH

Marie, Chappie is adorable. What a good dog to sit nice and still while you take a picture!
I had a lady watch me take several pictures recently and she said how do you get him to pose like that? I say to him 'stay there' and he just knows to pose. It funny actually, thanks.

MarieH

Marie, Chappie is adorable. What a good dog to sit nice and still while you take a picture!
He just knows to sit and wait until I am done. A woman asked me how I get him to pose, and I just say to him stay there and he waits. He's a ham.

CaseyKC

Hi Gies,

I would love a tutorial on how to post full size photos like the one you did of Kiki and also Chappie.

Tikki

I use TinyPic which gives a link for posting on messageboards. Hopefully this will work...

When I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 it took me a while to get things as I used to have them, but practice makes perfect and although my pictures are far from perfect they seem to show fairly well.

My camera is an inexpensive Cannon PowerShot SX150 IS [I was advised that it was better than the later SX160] and it has far more functions than I will ever need. I just keep it on Auto and hope for the best.

Tikki

I love seeing pictures of members Doxies - then I look at little Tikki Tikva and I see the difference between a full Doxie and a cross Doxie/Minpin like her. My little Doxie on stilts!

I would really like to see this site and the forum really wake up, as it is so quiet and might put newcomers against joining - such a shame.