Introducing Bernie

BerniesDad

Good day to all, I am writing to introduce my new puppy Bernie.

He is a pie-bald mini with blue-green eyes. He is our second Dachshund, but our first male.

We got him when he was 7 weeks old and he is now almost 16 weeks old.

Our first dog, Peanut, was so well behaved and good-mannered when she was a baby. She died a year ago, almost 17 years old and though she was a little mean towards the end, she was the greatest.

I know it has to be hard to walk in Peanut's rather large shadow, but Bernie is completely different. He is so much more outgoing and rambunctious, loving and affectionate, but also obstinate and indignant.

I joined this forum to help fill the gap in the 5 or 6 books and websites we have referenced in trying to deal with potty training and bite inhibition. I look forward to any advice you have.

Jase,
Bernie's Dad
p.s. Bernie was named for the Presidential Candidate and our last chance for an authentic democracy: Bernie Sanders.

Penny

Congrats on deciding on adopting a pie baby! Love those pies. Don't be shy on posting pics, kay? I have a 10 month old sweetie that we adopted at 4 months.

Kennel training helps with potty training. I can only offer my best wishes. lol

Inkeri

Hello Bernie! :)

I have 2 longhaired males, Manu and Reino. Manu was really quickly house broken, but Reino who lived his first 4,5months in Russia in a kennel had some trouble with it... Just be patient and consistent, you - and Bernie - can do it! :)