hi everyone

pepper

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, so Hi from Australia... I have laughed and cried reading these threads, and I have only gotten as far as the "introduction" ones.
Well, let me tell you about our new baby "Sam" who we absolutely adore, he is now 13 weeks old, we have had him for 5 weeks now and he simply rules our house. He is a red smooth mini, and is so funny and loves snuggles.
We lost our beagle "George" last year aged 16yrs, I think he would have loved Sam too. My husband grew up with Dachshunds and kept at me as to how wonderful and smart they were, its not that I didn't believe him, it just took me a while to be ready for a new puppy. And OMG how gorgeous is Sam. I think I am driving my friends crazy with all my photos and Sam stories. We also have a 12 yo long hair black cat who thinks she is a princess and doesn't really tolerate other animals in her home too well, but she has been different with Sam. With Sam, she puts him in his place but with no claws, and he certainly does test her limits.
We also have 2 teenager boys 15 and 17 who love it when its their turn to babysit, we have even let them have time off school while we are at work as Sam hates to be left on his own.
Anyway I am looking forward to reading more of your stories. :)

Penny

Hi and Welcome from Canada!
Don't worry about driving your friends crazy with photos and stories. TELL US. lol
We LOVE photos and baby photos are so precious! They change with every week that goes by. We have a red smooth boy we got at 3 yrs old so we don't have one photo of him as a puppy. Let me enjoy yours. :D

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Welcome to the forum!!!

Yes, please do drive us nuts with pics :)

I have 2 mini shorthairs... but mine are double dapples, and both deaf and sight impaired :)

HilyBee

Welcome!! :D

Like the others have said, we love stories! Share away and include pictures when you can. :) We probably drive our friends just as crazy with stories, but found the forum to share them on too. Just wait, now that you have one... you're going to want tons!

pepper

Well Sam is now 7 months old (and I was finally able to add a picture of him to my avatar..:)) and we cant imagine our lives without him.
I kept reading how you cant just stop at one and guess what, we are now looking for our next new addition. We were originally looking for a mini longhair but have decided another shorthair is the way to go for us, as we do a lot of bushwalking and the shorthair is easier to look thru for any ticks.
I will update you when we find our new baby. :)
BTW I am still driving my friends crazy with Sam's antics and photos :D

Penny

BTW I am still driving my friends crazy with Sam's antics and photos :D
Thanks. Why aren't you driving us crazy??? Where's the PHOTOS??? :D

Our red smooth Beau came here as an adult so we have no puppy pics. Can you imagine? I like to live through other people's puppy photos. lol

Can't wait to see the second one you get. :D

Nell

Hi from the UK!

Sam looks adorable, cant wait to hear what you get next.....a new doxie..... what in life could be better? LOL!