Hello from Oregon

dukesgal

Hi everyone, my pup's name is Annie. She's just about 5 months old. I've always wanted a weenie dog, but she came to me as a surprise from the people I work for. I wasn't entirely prepared for a pup but she has been the sweetest little girl. We are working on training on commands and she is doing very well! I am moving soon and will start working night shift, so it will be a bit of an adjustment for both of us as she has been able to go to work with me during the day up to this point. I worry a lot about her hurting her back as she is so fearless when it comes to heights, but I don't leave her alone to jump or around stairs unsupervised. Looking forward to chatting with others about their doxies! :D

DK

Hi everyone, my pup's name is Annie. She's just about 5 months old. I worry a lot about her hurting her back as she is so fearless when it comes to heights, but I don't leave her alone to jump or around stairs unsupervised. Looking forward to chatting with others about their doxies! :D

DK
Welcome to the forum.

Our two year old dachshund, Frank, is pretty fearless too. All of his jumping is supervised. He jumps, and we watch in horror with our mouths open as he flies onto and off of our laps, furniture, and trees. :eek:

Supervision doesn't seem to matter to him! :rolleyes:

Anyway, welcome aboard, and enjoy your new little one.

Noodles~Mom

Welcome!! I hear ya about the jumping.. I dont let Noodle do stairs, but every morning she refuses to wait for me and bolts down the stairs like there is no tomorrow!!! I have been super luck with her (knock on wood), she is 10 and has not had a back issue.

nola

Hi and welcome! My Nola is a little daredevil too. No matter how much you supervise her, she doesn't stop! So I've decided to harness that and get her into agility

jax's_mommy

Welcome! I know what you mean about jumping, a previous doxie i had used to scare me all the time doing that.
The current doxie i have, he is afraid to jump of things. He whimpers at the edge till i get him down. Hopefully it stays that way lol

babysis

Hello and welcome! My doxie jumps off of my furniture all the time! I tell her no about 5-10 times while I try to get to her to stop her from jumping. Never works more of an epic fail on my part. :p What type is your lil' girl? (if you don't mind me asking)

DoxieMoxxi

Welcome! I hope you like the community we are happy to welcome you to the site. :). Ah jumpers are crazy! My moms dox liked to jump off her bed but she ha four babies and jumped then roughhoused too much and slipped her disk the poor baby they had to put her on steroids and now she's more sausage but still happy :) she's better now tho.

Doxmom

Welcome to the forum! Annie sounds like a little darling. We love pictures, so post away! Hope your move goes well.

You are an Oregon duck fan? My niece graduated from there.:cool: