Hello from Eli

SSG.House

Eli is my 9 week old Mini long haired dachshund.
I am a disabled veteran and hopefully I can find a way to get him certified as a companion dog. I'm new to Dachshunds, and so far its been a trest...Eli is loving and full of spunk. Potty training is going well. He has accidents but for the most part he goes on a potty pad. He gets lots of pets and praise when he goes potty on the pad. He doesn't get scolded when he has an accident..I pick him up and put him on the pad and say "this is where you go potty" he is extremely eager to please....and I'm extremely loving to him.... he fits my life perfectly.

Any tips for his health and training would be awesome

Here is Eli sleeping. He had an issue sneaking kibble into his bed...but that seems to have ceased at least for now...

Last edited:

Inkeri

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)
My mom's 15 year old dachsie is also hiding kibble into his bed! :D I guess he thinks he might need a snack over night.

Penny

Oh!! Cuteness EXPLOSION!
What a sweetie you got. CONGRATS on the new puppy! Wishing him many healthy and happy years with you.

Can't wait to see more pics!!!

Sweet looking dog!

Advice? Watch his back. Be sure to pick up both ends, have ramps available for the furniture he is allowed to get on.

Enjoy the love.

vizzla

Hello and welcome! so cute!

Long walks and some playtime of leach once in a while :) Keep him in good health and not overfeed him.

Just remember that some dachsies "forgets" all the pottytraining and obedience training sometime around 8 months of age. We have one of thoese at home. He is just a piranha right now. But they snap out of it in a few weeks :)

Good luck with him!

Doxmom

What an adorable baby!! I would be interested in your journey to get your pup certified as a service dog. Lots of good luck, and as Wandering Man said, enjoy the love!! ;)

SSG.House

What an adorable baby!! I would be interested in your journey to get your pup certified as a service dog. Lots of good luck, and as Wandering Man said, enjoy the love!! ;)
Will make sure to keep an online journal and some pics here.
Also bought Dachshunds for dummies. Its amazing how spot on they are about the spirit of these little love bugs