Hello and Arf Arf From Chilly WI!

Nelson87

Hello! My name is Leeann and I'm the proud new mama of a 2 year old Mini Doxie named Nelson (after Jordy from the Packers hence the 87 in my name =) ) We adopted him Tuesday. My neighbors found him on craigslist and showed him to me and it was love at first sight! I saw how scared and skinny he was in the photos and I knew i had to help him! My neighbors and I drove almost 4 hours round trip to get him (in the snow on the way home) to Appleton,WI to pick him up. His old owner said that he was a nipper but he hasn't nipped once since we got him except for when he growled at the neighbors dog for getting to close. We've put clothes on him, trimmed his claws and gave him a bath and he just let us do all that to him. The only thing is is that he's really shy around men which makes me believe that something happened to him with his old owner! Anyhow he knows that he's loved and safe now!

I also have a 2 year old cat named Belle that I've had since she was a kitten!

I tell them both that I love them and will keep them safe and happy everynight! =)

Attachments

Last edited:

Penny

Congratulations on adopting Nelson. A wonderful Christmas gift for the both of you! Not so much the cat. lol

Nice to see you here. Keep us updated on how things are going with the new fella.