happy holidays from Duchess and us!

hello friends. thought I'd pop by and say hello and share a bit of how we're doing. She's getting much better about her separation anxiety although we've abandoned crating her at night and just let her sleep in the bed at night :) we took her with us to our families big Christmas Eve party and she did great! even with all the hyper kids running around. Everyone was commenting all night on what a great dog she is. She's still a picky little buggar and we finally found a food she likes, the beneful wet with the chunks of meat and veggies. Hopefully this is an OK food. And lastly I thought I'd share a video of her playing in the snow this afternoon, which is one of her favorite things ^_^

Hehe she does that several time a day, just runs full throttle around the yard til she's good and tired! It's funny to watch a 2 year old dog discover toys and playing and go through a virtual puppy phase because she's been stuck in a kennel being bred over and over and never allowed to be a dog before.

Penny

I so enjoyed that! :D
I do love the pies too! Can't wait to see more pics of her.
She might like to hunt for a toy in the house and it would be fun to watch! lol

Doxmom

Loved that video!! It's so funny when she runs and then gets almost buried in the snow..

You are really an angel for rescuing this baby and giving her a wonderful life!

We love our pies!!

We love her dearly!! I can't wait to share more pics, the majority of people who come across her don't believe she's a dachshund. And those who do don't seem to be big fans of the piebalds. i guess lucky for me dachshund breeders dont care for black and whites or she'd still be in a kennel in the yard churning out babies as quick as possible. We think she's beautiful, Thanks for loving her too guys!! <3

Last edited:

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Awe she's doing great! What a sweetie!

as to your question about beneful... Sorry no, it's one of the worst out there, full of sugar, corn and fillers. If I were you, I would try the Merrick line of canned food. It's much healthier, and has a ton of different flavours... she certainly won't get bored :)