First Dachshund Puppy.. *Video*

Tarek307

Glad to be here, just got my first dog ever, never thought i'd get one, especially a little one like this.

I saw a Dachshund in Egypt this summer & fell in love with the breed, as soon as i came back to the U.S, i searched for a Dachshund, wanted a black & tan one, but ending up finding this adorable chocolate one, named him ENZO, he is 11 weeks old..

I've had him 3 days now & he's just starting to eat & drink & play & be normal & chill, first few days he was real stressed being removed from the litter & new home...

For some reason he has only had an accident in the house once, he wasn't house broken, but seems real smart, i live on the 2nd floor condo & take him out every 2-3 hours & he seems to know to go outside..

here is a video of me teaching him & introducing him to water for the first time today (aside from bath in the sink)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62v1zZ5SzmM]Teaching Dachshund Puppy how to swim, Mini Dachshund swimming. - YouTube[/ame]

HilyBee

So so so so cute!! You are going to LOVE having a dachshund, even as your first dog. It sounds like you are starting off doing very well for you first dog ever! He is a gorgeous choco/tan smooth. Mini or standard? They are so much fun to have and train. Keep in mind they can relapse with potty training so if he does all of the sudden start going inside, it's not uncommon. :)

Penny

What a little cutie pie!! I'm guessing from your location, you have a pool. lol
Looking forward to more more more pics and video!

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
AWE he's adorable!!!

You might want to give him treats while he's swimming, to make it more fun for him. Mouse hates swimming/water, but I hold a treat at one end of the tub, she swims to it, thwen hold a treat at the other end, she swims to that one. I make Mouse swim in the tub a couple of times a week to keep the strength up in her bad leg. She loves it when getting food, but otherwise hates it LOL

Tarek307

AWE he's adorable!!!

You might want to give him treats while he's swimming, to make it more fun for him. Mouse hates swimming/water, but I hold a treat at one end of the tub, she swims to it, thwen hold a treat at the other end, she swims to that one. I make Mouse swim in the tub a couple of times a week to keep the strength up in her bad leg. She loves it when getting food, but otherwise hates it LOL
i'm surprised some people on youtube keep saying i'm scaring him by putting him in the bath lol

jarredfeet

How precious little boy you got there, congratulations and welcome! Making the swimming and bath time a happy time is definitely a good start especially for his young age so you won't have any difficulties in the future. Hope you love it here in our community, enjoy!