Doxie mom, new member

Doxiemom79

Hello, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to day Hi and introduce myself. I am the owner of my 2nd doxie. I love my little wienie dogs. I recently (like yesterday) brought my new lil baby girl named, Belle after we tragically lost our 5 month old red male named Blu. She will never replace him but she is helping fill the void in our heart.

Anyway, I got her from a pet shop and was unable to see her parents (not ideal I know) but I instantly fell in love with her sweat face. I am needing help figuring out was color she is and her markings. She is very light colored like blonde, with a pale brown nose and eyelashes. She has light brown or almost hazel eyes. She also has brown markings on her some are so faint while others are a darker brown. The owner of the pet shop said that her parents were dapple but didn't elaborate on color. I am hoping she is not a double dapple as I realize they can have health problems. I am taking her to get vet checked today so I hope he can help too.

Thanks

Wwwiener

Hello Doxiemom79,

I too am a new member. I don't know too much about Dachshunds just yet, but am consuming as much knowledge as is on the internet. I came across this page, maybe it will have the answer, about the colouring, that you were looking for.

Dachshund Colors and Patterns

Steph

Welcome!

It looks like your new baby is chocolate based (the brown nose) either cream or red dapple. It's hard to tell in your picture. For the best results in determining color, you need to take an outdoor picture without any shadows falling on her.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Well, I looked at the 4 pics in your Album, but like Steph says, we need better pics, though I'd be inclined to call her an isabella Dapple, from the pics I did see, though not 100% sure on that. She is definately a dapple, but I cant decide if she's Isabella (dilute chocolate) or a dilute red. I dont see any tan markings on her, either.