Dog carrier

Hayleysmom

Does anyone here carry their doxie in a fashion dog carrier? What is the weight/size you got for your mini doxie? Hayleys mom weighed 10 pounds and her dad 9 pounds so I assume she will not get bigger than 10 pounds.

Penny

I have an airline approved kennel. When mine travel in the car, the kennel gets bungie cord fastened down to keep them as safe as possible in case of an accident. Kennels are very important to help in house training. Dachshunds will likely have some kind of back issue over the years and it's very important to get them comfortable being in a kennel because managing a back issue means a lot of crate rest.

When it comes to fashion, we've got a lot of harnesses for all seasons. That's really were mine will shine. lol

HilyBee

I have an a-typical crate for my little guy. I got a "medium" sized on for him, up to 20 pound dogs. He loves it and actually chose it himself at the store. We have tried other crates in the past for our other little guy, just a mesh black one for in the car, and it never seemed to work well for us. I love getting all the colored harnesses and leashes for him though. If you do get one, I would get a medium sized one, for up to 20-25 pound dogs, since the length is more suitable for full grown mini dachshunds. That is usually the hardest part, having one that will work for when they grow out long. :)