Dapple? Double Dapple? Piebald?

Cassi03

My parents rescued this little guy from the streets. He's their third doxie, but he's a full blooded and the other two were mixes. We were told he's piebald, but after googling I'm not sure anymore what he is. He's dapple I know because of his blue eyes. I read that a doxie will not have blue eyes without the dapple present. So... what is he? lol

Attachments

crystalclear1027

really cute

He looks like a definite dapple. Check your local spca to see if anyone is looking for him.

Last edited:

Cassi03

Yep. Are they looking for the owners? Did they check for a microchip?
He isn't microchipped and after checking with the humane society, the city, and craigslist no one came forward. We found him all skin and bones. He's still a little skittish, but he's coming around quite nicely! Grumpy Mr. Marco (vet thinks he's about 6 yrs old maybe older - also a rescue but from the humane society) gets along famously with him. I think it's mainly because he misses Buddy (doxie/Jack Russell mix) who passed in November from seizures (who was ALSO a rescue but I think he rather rescued my parents. He showed up out of nowhere when he was a puppy on the porch, left, came back and never left again - so a street rescue on him). This new one - which I now know is a black and tan dapple - gets to carry on the name and gets to fill in the missing paw prints Buddy left behind. So far he's doing a wonderful job. :) Gotta love how things work out like that.

schierling

Dapple

My parents rescued this little guy from the streets. He's their third doxie, but he's a full blooded and the other two were mixes. We were told he's piebald, but after googling I'm not sure anymore what he is. He's dapple I know because of his blue eyes. I read that a doxie will not have blue eyes without the dapple present. So... what is he? lol
He is cute that's all that matters. I have a dapple and he has one eye that has a blue spot. When they start breeding all kinds of colors you can get all kinds of funny results. he is adorable. Probably double dapple and not piebald. I think they have bigger spots.

nola

He is cute that's all that matters. I have a dapple and he has one eye that has a blue spot. When they start breeding all kinds of colors you can get all kinds of funny results. he is adorable. Probably double dapple and not piebald. I think they have bigger spots.
Piebald:

Dapple:

Double dapple:

Penny

Amanda, the b/t pie in show pose you posted is the grandpa of my dogs.
We miss him, gone to the bridge on New Year's Eve at 15.
You would have loved him, champion in the US and Can, but also in field trials, obedience and rally and earthdog. A loving, wonderful companion. Nice surprise to see him up here today.

nola

Amanda, the b/t pie in show pose you posted is the grandpa of my dogs.
We miss him, gone to the bridge on New Year's Eve at 15.
You would have loved him, champion in the US and Can, but also in field trials, obedience and rally and earthdog. A loving, wonderful companion. Nice surprise to see him up here today.
Aw, he is beautiful! He took my breath away when I found his picture. B/t pies are my third favorite color after wildboar and chocolate and tan dapples. I'd love to get Nola a pied brother. Sigh, someday!

nola

I have! I love the wires, the eyebrows and beards melt me. :D I want one like this in the future:

Penny

Beautiful portrait!! Lovely!
You better check out the wild boar wires before deciding. lol