Clean teeth

MatthewLP

Nothing is better than brushing your dogs teeth and you should be on a Teeth bushing routine.

No ammount of dog treats will do the job of brushing your self. As far as brand its all about the same. The dry crunchy hard stimulus is what helps.

Matthew Plummer
Kansas City, Mo.

Penny

We brush teeth every night. The girls had their teeth cleaned at the vet a year ago and they still look fabulous. We didn't brush before and they had lots of build up so I know the brush is doing a great job. For a 13 yr old girl, her breath is just fine! :D

Penny

Seriously, Guys, you brush your dogs' teeth every night? :confused:
Yes. We didn't before but then Beau developed CUPS..
Chronic ulcerative paradental stomatitis "CUPS" is a is a painful condition in dogs. It is an exaggerated response by the immune system to the tartar on teeth.

The ulcers will happen on the roof of his mouth, the insides of his cheeks, under his tongue. For controlling this, we have to keep his mouth immaculate. The girls get their teeth brushed every night too because, well, why not? lol A dental cleaning here for an older dog can easily go up to $1,200. After all we spent on Beau, I'm glad to not have a dental cleaning bill for the next few years.

As with people, bacteria entering the blood stream through the gums will cause all kinds of health issues and make present health issues worse. I am very pleased that I have a 13 yr old girl with a healthy mouth. I hope she stays with me a long time yet, and this is within my control to have her healthy longer. Once we forced ourselves to get into the habit, it got easier. :D