Back Issues

limunkay

I started mine on Glucosamine when he turned one, i read that if u started them early, it can prevent back problems in the future.
I wonder if it is too late to start my doxies on Glucosamine...they are turning 3 & 5....
too bad about the wiggleless thing....seemed like a good idea!

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
It's not too late, and it's a good idea. Feeding fish oils and primrose oil is good for joints as well.

Kirp

Limunkay, I got a Wiggleless for my dog. It might possibly be alright for a non-injured dog to prevent injuries, if they were comfortable enough in it. But it's a little flimsy around the part of the spine my dog most needs support, and pretty much just squeezes around his ribs...it mainly covers the ribs, and doesn't quite go far enough down the back. Though yes, it does keep his back straight enough to help it heal. I wouldn't use it on him if he was up and running around, since he hates it so much he won't move at all. Plus it's an awkward fit and really difficult to get it on right (I think that's because there's a huge flat part on the top, so it can't from to the dog's shape too easily). He likes to stick his leg through the neck part and it gets caught and chokes him.

Last edited:

limunkay

Thanks for your post kirp! My doxies aren't injured but I was thinking it might be good as a preventative stand point. But like your doxie.. I'm sure mine wouldn't be comfortable or like it much. Hope your little guy is ok (if he was injured)!